Oh my word! I just looked over my notes and realized my post was all wrong – inaccuracies my own blog! Please forgive me and accept this as my flawed and otherwise corrected piece of the story!
Swans are truly incredible birds. They flock together and live closely, taking care of one another. They are graceful and bold at the same time, making them birds to be admired and respected at the same time. Born with a face only a mother could love, the swan grows up to be one of the most beautiful birds in the world. They symbolize grace, beauty and elegance.
On the SEVENTH day of Christmas, my true love gave to me SEVEN SWANS A-SWIMMING. In the New Dial (see “origins”) SEVEN represents the SEVEN SPIRITUAL GIFTS given to Christians for the purpose of reflecting our creator’s glory (Romans 12:6-8; I Corinthians 12). We see that, as God’s people we are all given different gifts, “… according to the grace given to each of us.”
The SEVEN SPIRITUAL GIFTS that are spoken of in Romans 12 are these:
1. prophesy (telling something that God has spontaneously brought to mind)
2. serving (helping others by lending a hand when needed)
3. teaching (bringing light and understanding to God’s Word)
4. encouragement (the desire to build others up in truth and love)
5. giving (generously sharing what God has given you)
6. leadership (bringing people together and helping them find their personal and collective destiny in Christ)
7. mercy (the ability to love and minister to those in need)
On the SEVENTH DAY of Christmas my TRUE LOVE gave to me SEVEN SWANS A-SWIMMING. Usually, God gives gifts in bundles, like the spiritual gifts. Most people have more than one spiritual gift, but there are usually dominant ones – buoyant and beautiful, always rising to the surface. No spiritual gift is greater than another, and it is incredibly beautiful when we see them all functioning all together. It gives believers in Jesus the chance to shine brightly and function gracefully and elegantly.
SEVEN SWANS SWIMMING? The SEVEN SPIRITUAL GIFTS remind us that God’s grace abounds and is especially beautiful in groups. If we all swim together with grace and beauty, we are a beautiful gift to others.
Today, unpack those gifts that He’s given you and let your light shine!